Home / Personal Injury / Head Injuries

Head Injury Claims

Head injuries often result in serious symptoms that could result in you spending the rest of your life trying to overcome the affects on your daily living. As your brain controls the rest of the body vital the impact of even a minor injury can be devastating.

In some circumstances where the injured person may not be able to act on their on behalf they may need a litigation friend. A litigation friend is someone who can act on someones behalf. We are able to accommodate litigation friends and can provide further assistance to aid in the best outcome.

Types Of Head Injury Claims

Top 5 Head Injury Claims

  1. 1 - Road Traffic Accident
  2. 2 - Cycling Accidents
  3. 3 - Accident at Work
  4. 4 - Slip, Trip & Falls
  5. 5 - Medical Negligence

The need for expert medical assistance is essesntial for head injury recovery. Our specialist medical team are trained in neurology, psychological and cognitive disciplines. We can provide interim payments for ongoing care before the personal injury claim is settled in full.

Severity of Head Injuries

Head related injuries can range from minor bruising to severe mental incapacity. Typically injuries include:-

  • * Bruising,
  • * Epilepsy,
  • * Fractured Skull,
  • * Headaches,
  • * Concussion,
  • * Incapacity,


Head Injury Compensation Amounts

How much compensation for an head injury?

The amount of money an injury awarded in a compensation claim is calculated by the court using guidelines provided by the Judicial Studies Board (JSB). These guidelines provide advice to a judge about how much compensation to award to a party for a particular injury and is the basis of discussions between us and the other party's insurer.

The JSB guidelines are only a range and your personal circumstances, the effects on your daily living in work and at home are all considered. We strive to get you the maximum compensation possible.


Minor injuries
between £1,450 to £8,400
Minor brain damage
between £10,000 to £29,250
Moderate brain damage
between £28,250 to £60,000
Moderate to severe brain damage
between £59,500 to £98,500.
Substantial disablement
upwards of £200,000

Overview of personal injury

A personal injury claim is a legal case to recover compensation if you've been hurt in an accident and it was not your fault. The compensation will usually come from their insurance company.
Further reading

If you don't win you dont pay!

A "no win, no fee" agreement, also known as a conditional fee agreement, is an arrangement between you and your personal injury solicitor. It means that if your compensation claim is unsuccessful you dont have to pay anything.
What are the fees?

How much is your claim worth?

Get an estimate to how much compensation you could be awarded based on your injuries. For a more detailed estimate contact one of our solicitors.

What about loss of income

Being injured can often result in time off work for medical visits, rehabilitation or for more serious injuries complete absence from work for long periods. We are able to assit in recovering ongoing payments whilst your claim is being progressed.
Loss of income

Click to expand heading

Contact Us

head injury

Alex had concussion
following a road traffic accident where he was the passenger in a van. On impact Alex collided with the windscreen resulting in severe brusing and tempoaray dizziness. We were able to provide CBT for his anxiety when in a motor vehicle and also aided in his award of circe £5000 compensation. Alex has recovered from his injuries.
Names and details changed to provided anonimity

How We Can Help

Choosing a personal injury lawyer to represent you can be a daunting process. But by choosing us you are assured of a service where you speak with the solicitor handling your case directly. You will receive accurate information regarding your situation and be able to able to talk with someone who understands your situation.

As part of the claim process we will ensure you receive rehabilitation such as physiotherapy or CBT, a full detailed medical report, interim payments for loss of income and the full compensation you deserve.

To start you can either:-